Local Takeout during Quarantine 2020 – Central Indy
Raise your hand if you have become the personal chef in your household over the past 5 weeks?! Like many others, I have been trying really hard to make fresh meals on a daily basis, but there are some days that I need a break from cooking. Now more than ever, our local restaurants need us, so when these days come, I always make sure to go for some local cuisine! As quarantine has continued, I gathered some recommendations on some of the most beloved takeout and delivery spots.
- 317 Burger- Looking for unique and delectable wings? Try their Dirty Wings. They are fried twice and sauced twice. Not a wing person, well they specialize in burgers so don’t fear. If you are a cheese lover, try the 317 Burger. Vegetarian? Don’t eat red meat? Well, 317 Burger has many different types of patties to include- Black Bean & Lentil, Impossible Patty, Turkey, Chicken Breast, and Bison. They are offering takeout and delivery! https://www.317burger.com/
- Upland- $8 growlers of any draft beer. They are only filling new growlers, and that is $8 including a new growler! Plus, they have delish, local food. Need I say more? Order carry-out today. https://www.uplandbeer.com/
- Sahm’s Marketplace and Pantry- I can’t say enough positive things about Sahm’s. They are working incredibly hard to feed our community and flatten the curve. At multiple locations, Sahttps://sahms.com hm’s is offering takeout family-style meals, groceries, individual meals, and beverages (including Big Lug beer) to-go. Try the Fajita Platter, you won’t be disappointed.
- La Piedad- Authentic Mexican cuisine, offering takeout Margarita’s from the heart of Broad Ripple! Pick up your favorite Mexican dish and a
couple of Margarita’s and call it a Saturday night! http://www.lapiedadindy.com/
- Bru Burger- Another yummy burger staple with locations throughout Indiana offering carry-out. Looking for something that might be “healthier” than a burger? Then you should go for the Buttermilk Cobb or Sriracha Caesar salad. When it comes to burgers, you can’t go wrong with the Bru Burger. https://www.bruburgerbar.com
- King Dough- Open for Carryout and Delivery, this wood-fired pizza is a must-try! Try the Destroyer, Big Boy, or the Margherita with pepperoni and you will be satisfied. Not feeling pizza? King Dough has a great burger option as well. http://www.kingdoughpizzas.com/
If you try anything, I would love about it in the comments!
*Thank you to my friend, Michael Moore, for letting me use his photography (from post quarantine) on this blog post. Check him out: https://www.eatswithmichael.com